The Prime Hockey EXPO in Boulder is an invite-only, individual entry tournament featuring highly competitive AAA players at the 2012 & 2013 age groups from across North America. This exclusive event will have a maximum of players in each age group (6 teams per).
Our goal for the event is to provide incredible experience on and off the ice to all the participants and their families. While families are undoubtedly attending for some great hockey, the City of Boulder offers much more than just a fun hockey weekend. Whether you are looking for some outdoor adventure or wish to shop till you drop at the 4-block-long Pearl Street Mall, there is something for everyone! Just a 40-minute drive away you will find the City of Denver, enjoy the amazing Denver Zoo or visit the Coors Field for a Rockies Game. There is no shortage of things to do and see in Denver/Boulder!
The EXPO fields 6 teams made up of 2 Goalies, 9 Forwards and 6 Defense each. Players are divided onto rosters as evenly as possible to ensure that the event features both great competition and geographic diversity on each team. Each team will have players from a variety of States and Winter clubs, allowing participants to form new friendships and meet some of their peers from all over America.
Benches are run by non-parent hockey professionals, selected by Prime Hockey staff.
- 6 Team Event, Individual Entry
- 5 Game Guarantee (3X15 Minute periods)
- 1 Practice prior to tournament (Thursday AM)
- Custom jersey & socks
- Online Scores and Statistics
- Players evaluated for exclusive programming such as the WSI Series events in Europe, Prime invite-only camps, HHOF Series events and more.
- Prime EXPO apparel store
- Hotels located in close proximity (less than 15 minutes) to the arena
- Name: Nick Betz
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 586-854-2170
Blue Sports Stable1 Superior Dr
Superior, CO 80027
- No body checking will be permitted.
- Minor penalties: 2 minutes
- Timeouts: 1 in the preliminary rounds
Overtime: 3 on 3 for 5 minutes. Then Shootout rules apply
- Game misconduct - Player will be ejected for the remainder of that game plus the team’s next scheduled game.
- Running time will be in effect during the 3rd period, only when a team is winning by 5 goals. Stop-time will resume once the score is within 2 goals.
- No timeouts are permitted in preliminary rounds.
- One 60-second timeout is permitted per game.
- Players and coaches should report to the arena at least one hour prior to each game.
- Delayed offside will be in effect for all games.
- Teams are allowed to ice the puck while shorthanded.
- All divisions will be scored 3 points for a regulation win, 2 points for a shootout win, 1 point for a shootout loss, and 0 points for a regulation loss.
- Scores will be posted with a goal differential no greater than 7.
- 3-minute warm-up
- 15-15-15 minute periods
- No overtime in round-robin play (Shootout Only - see below)
- If the game is tied at the end of regulation in preliminary rounds, a 3-player shootout will take place.
- Home team will decide who will shoot first. Designated shooters for both teams will alternate shots. If the score remains tied after 3 rounds, new players will participate in a sudden-death shootout. The players in the first group of 3 may not shoot again until all other eligible players on their team have had a turn OR the opposing team has used all of their shooters. Players with time remaining on their penalty are not eligible for the shootout. Goalies are not eligible.
SEMIS & FINAL
- Please refer to Kreezee, tournament scoreboards or speak to a tournament official in order to determine the playoff format for each division. It is incumbent upon the team officials to confirm with a tournament representative whether or not their team has advanced beyond preliminary round play prior to leaving the arena following their final preliminary round game.
- In the event the SEMI-FINAL or CONSOLATION games should end in a tie, the tie will be broken in the following manner:
- Overtime will be played during play-in, quarter final or semi final. 2. 5-minute sudden-death (3-on-3) stopped time (switch ends).
- If still tied: a 3-player shootout. (Same rules apply as in prelim shootout) 4. Sudden-death shootout (both teams get to shoot each round).
- There is no OT in consolation games.
- In the event the CHAMPIONSHIP should end in a tie, the tie will be broken in the following manner:
- Overtime will be played during all Championship and Gold Medal Games. 2. 5-minute sudden-death (3-on-3) stopped time (switch ends)
- If the game remains tied after 10 minutes, teams will receive a 1 minute break 4. Another 5-minute sudden-death (3-on-3) stopped time period will take place 5. Teams will switch ends again
- This format will continue until a winner is determined.
- Teams will only get a time out if they didn’t use it previous in regulation or OT 8. No shootout will take place in a Championship or Gold Medal Game
- To determine teams advancing to the semi and final rounds. If more than 2 teams are tied, as soon as the tie is broken, the tie breaker is reapplied to any remaining ties (ex. If three teams are tied, the goal quotient is applied. Then, if applicable, revert back to head-to-head for the remaining two teams)
- Total Team Points
- Head-to-Head (two-team tiebreaker only)
- Goal Quotient = Goals For / (Goals For + Goals Against)
- Least Goals Allowed
- Most Goals For
- Fastest Goal in the tournament (Time on clock into first game)
- A zero-tolerance for verbal abuse is in effect and will be enforced for all team officials, players, and spectators.
- APPROPRIATE PENALTIES WILL BE ASSESSED FOR DISPUTING OR ARGUING A DECISION OF THE OFFICIALS, ANY VISUAL DEMONSTRATION OF DISSATISFACTION, OR FOR THE USE OF OBSCENE OR VULGAR LANGUAGE TO ANYONE AT ANY TIME DURING THE TOURNAMENT.
Things To Do
Outdoor Adventures"Outdoorsy" describes Boulder to the core. Enjoy hiking, biking, kayaking, rock climbing, or paddle boarding. There are so many great activities to choose from!See More
Pearl Street MallAt 4 blocks long, it's easily walkable from end to end giving you easy access to more than 200+ stores lining the street. The Pearl Street mall has been around for 40+ years and keeps getting better.See More
Denver Zoo is dedicated to providing the communities we serve with an intimate, inspiring and informative first-hand encounter with the wonders of nature. There 84-acre campus is an enchanting urban field station, where 3,000+ wonderful wild animals serve as ambassadors for their wild counterparts all over the world.
Home to the Rockies! Grab a group of friends and head over to watch a ball game at the Coors Field.