Come play in the premier MLK weekend event in our AAA division. Come broaden your teams playing experience by playing teams from all over!
- 4 game guarantee plus playoffs for eligible teams
- 12-12-15 min periods
- Champion or Finalist medals for each player in finals
- Championship or Finalist Tournament banner for team in finals
- Divisions may be broken up based on registered teams to optimize competition
- Multi-team discount available - Please reach out to Mike Settipani at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Canadian Exchange Discount: Par for USD - Please reach out to Mike Settipani at email@example.com
- Bundle Two or More Tournaments for the same team at the same level and save $150/Tournament
- Discounts can not be combined - one discount per team
We are excited to offer an add-on premium experience as part of your registration. Click the link to learn more about how you and your team can make the most of your event experience.
MEDIA DAY EXPERIENCE
*Select as an add-on during registration.
- Name: Mike Settipani
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (617) 233-7834
- There will be no protests heard by the tournament committee.
- All teams must be rostered with USA Hockey, the Canadian Hockey Association, or the appropriate IIHF affiliate.
- These rules may be amended prior to the tournament to coincide with any changes in the tournament format.
- Teams are required to bring their official team roster or player cards, as well as their travel permit (if required by their governing body) to each game.
- Players and coaches should report to the arena at least one hour prior to each game.
- Each Division will play standard USA Hockey rules for the appropriate age.
- A maximum of four team officials may be on the player’s bench at one time. Additionally, each team can provide a penalty box official.
- All teams must be prepared to begin any game 15 minutes ahead of schedule.
- The home team will wear white jerseys and visitors wear dark.
- Penalties will be 1:30 (1.5 mins), 3 min (double), 4 min (major), or 8 min misconduct.
- One, 30-second timeout per team, per game, for playoff games ONLY.
- At any point during the tournament; if a team needs to withdraw due to COVID, all games that the team(s) would have played would get a Win based on the forfeit rules. All games prior to withdrawing would stand as completed games and would count.
- 3-minute warm-up. Teams will play 12-12-15 minute stop-time periods.
- There will be no OVERTIME in Round Robin Games.
- In the event a playoff game should end in a tie, the tie will be broken in the following manner:
- 3-on-3 for 3 minutes stop-time
- If a penalty is assessed the non-penalized team will add a player for a power play. Penalties will be stop-time until teams are even strength and then back to running time.
- a 3-player shootout
- a sudden-death shootout consisting of players who have not participated in the 3-player shootout until everyone on the team has shot.
- For shootouts, the format is as follows: Three-player (best-of-3) shootout. The home team decides who shoots first, if still tied after a three-player shootout, it then goes to sudden death. New players will participate in a sudden-death shootout. The players in the first group of three may not shoot again until all other eligible players on their team have had a turn. Must go through the entire roster prior to repeating. Goalies are not eligible.
- All divisions will be scored two points for a win, one point for a tie, and zero points for a loss per game.
- The round-robin and playoff structure for each age level and division will be determined by the number of teams in the division and may vary from division to division.
- Any forfeited games including COVID Forfeited games will be recorded as a 3-0 score. Any forfeited games affecting another team’s playoff status may be reviewed by the tournament director to determine which teams advance beyond preliminary round play. The use of ineligible players will disqualify a team from the tournament. All games played by a disqualified team will be forfeited. No money will be refunded.
- If a team is down by 5 or more goals in the 3rd period, running time will commence. If the gap is closed to two goals, stop time will resume. The max goal differential attainable per game is +/- 7.
- If a team is up by 10 goals in the 3rd period the game will end at that point. I.e - 11-1.
- All tournament officials are current members in good standing of USA Hockey and are deemed qualified to officiate at the level of play assigned.
- A zero tolerance for verbal abuse is in effect and will be enforced for all team officials, players, and spectators.
- Appropriate penalties will be assessed for disputing or arguing a decision of the officials, any visual demonstration of dissatisfaction, or for the use of obscene or vulgar language to anyone at any time during the tournament.
- Please keep in mind that the tournament director does not have the authority to reverse the decisions of the game officials.
USA HOCKEY RULES
- This tournament is sanctioned by USA Hockey.
- Any player receiving 4 or more penalties in 1 game must sit the following game.
- If a team receives 12 or more penalties in one game, the head coach must sit the following game.
- Canadian teams are required to wear mouth guards and neck guards according to the rules of their governing body.
- Anyone receiving game misconduct must sit the next game.
- Anyone receiving a match penalty is disqualified from further play.
- The acting tournament director (ATD) reserves the right to take measures necessary to ensure a safe tournament for the participants including the modification of any rule(s) herein which is deemed by him/her to be in the tournament’s best interest. Decisions of the acting tournament director are final. No score sheets can be changed by the tournament director (see #4 above).
- A player can only play for one team in the same division. I.e Elite or AAA and MUST be on both teams USAH Rosters.
For AYHL 10U teams (or other leagues that have the same rule), the AYHL (or league) USA Hockey full-season roster only is allowed. AYHL (or league) 10U minor roster rules are allowed.
It is incumbent upon the team officials to confirm with a tournament representative whether or not their team has advanced beyond preliminary round play. Playoff matchups and games will be posted online and emailed to the team contacts 45 minutes after the conclusion of the final round-robin game in a division. (immediate emails, phone calls, and questions, will only delay this process).
Playoff Matchups and game times/locations will be determined AFTER the last game is played in that division. The brackets online are placeholders and subject to change. Playoffs will RE-SEED.
Tiebreakers - To determine teams advancing to the playoff rounds. If more than 2 teams are tied, as soon as the tie is broken, the same tiebreaker is reapplied to any remaining ties.
- Head-to-Head Competition - Direct play between two tied teams.
- Goal Quotient - The team with the greater % will advance. GF/(GF +GA)
- Fewest Goals Against
- The fastest Goal scored in the 1st game of the round-robin.
- Lowest Total Penalty Minutes
- Coin Toss - team that went longest before giving up the first goal.
Things To Do
Worcester Art MuseumThe Worcester Art Museum has unique artwork from all over the World. Join a tour or walk around the museum yourself, but don't forget to checkout the gift shops!See More
EcotariumThe Ecotarium offers exhibits showcasing animals and science, along a nature museum with hands on activities.See More
Tower Hill Botanic GardenTower Hill Botanic Garden has many scenic walks showcasing different types of flowers, plants, and pathways.See More