Come close out the summer with the Summer Round Up in Minneapolis, MN! This 4 game guarantee tournament has divisions for both boys and girls and promises a fun weekend!
Twin Cities: August 23-25, 2024 AA
Boys U16 and 2009-2016
- 4 game guarantee (some teams may play 5)
- (3) 15 minute stop-time periods
Boys 16U (08 Birth Years and younger)
8U ('15/'16), 10U ('13/'14), 12U ('11/'12),
- Name: Dan Iannazzo
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (763) 225-7320
Andover Hockey Rink15200 Hanson Blvd NW
Andover, MN 55304
Champlin Ice Forum12165 Ensign Ave N
Champlin, MN 55316
The Furniture and Things Community Event Center1000 School Street
Elk River, MN 55330
Moose Sherritt Ice Arena800 Broadway St E
Monticello, MN 55362
Rogers Activity Center21080 141st Ave N
Rogers, MN 55374
St. Michael Albertville Ice Arena5898 Lachman Avenue
Albertville, MN 55301
Midwest Hockey Tournament Rules and Regulations
- 2 points for a win, 1 point for a tie, 1 extra point awarded for a win with a shutout
- Four minute warm up
- Three 15 minute stop time periods
- Running time will prevail if there is a six goal difference at any time during the game
- Each team is allowed one timeout per game (one minute)
- No overtime in pool play
- Overtime will be used in Championship Round only
- No rest period, teams will not change ends
- Five minute running time period – 4 on 4
- If still tied 3 player shootout – visiting team shoots first
- Penalties assessed in regulation will carry over to overtime
- At no time will a team have fewer than three skaters during overtime
- The team listed first will be the home team and first choice of jersey color
- A maximum of 20 players may be rostered. Players may not be rostered on more than one team unless an exception has been approved by the MHP staff.
- If a player is double rostered without MHP approval, each game the player plays in will result in a forfeit for the team they are playing with. Goalie exception – if a team is without a goalie due to injury, an alternate goalie may be used with tournament approval
- All players are required to have a birth certificate on file.
- All players must have a signed waiver on file prior to playing any game
- Please check your team in a minimum of 45 minutes prior to your first game
- All teams must be paid in full prior to the first game of the tournament
- Penalties - Minor (two minutes) Major (five minutes) Misconduct (10 minutes)
- Any Fighting penalty will result in tournament disqualification
- Any player receiving four penalties in one game will be asked to leave the game
- Coaches are directed to tournament officials if game conflict exists. Under no circumstances are coaches allowed to talk to referees after the game to challenge a ruling or game outcome.
- Players CAN ice the puck when shorthanded and it will NOT result in a whistle
- A clock operator/announcer will be present for each game
- There will be a trainer on-site during the tournament
- Tournament apparel will be available for sale throughout the Tournament
- Checking allowed in boys 2008 and older
- Slapshots permitted at all levels
- Tag up for off-sides will be used for boys and 2012 and older and U10 girls and older
- Tournament officials have final decision-making authority for all game related situations
- There can be occasions that a player plays down a level if that player is approved by MHP and MHP has verified the players skill level is appropriate for that age level.
- Head-to-head competition, if still tied the following in progression.
- Fewest goals allowed in all games.
- Goals Scored
- Goal differential, 7 maximum per game, plus or minus.
- Coin toss by tournament directors. Coin toss to be called by coach winning rock, paper, and scissors!
***in the event of a 3-way tie head to head becomes an obsolete variable
Things To Do
Professional SportsNo matter the season, you can catch a game at some of the top sports venues in America. Watch the Minnesota Wild (NHL), Vikings (NFL), Twins (MLB). Timberwolves (NBA), Lynx (WNBA), or United FC (MLS) while you're in town!See More
Minneapolis Institute of ArtTake a day to see nearly 10,000 items on display from 5,000 years, it's always-free!See More
Minnesota ZooInnovative exhibits are spread over six themed areas, including three beautiful walking trails ranging from one to two miles in length.See More
Mall of AmericaMall of America is a leader in retail, entertainment and attractions, and is one of the top tourist destinations in the country. Attractions range from shopping, roller coasters and Sea Life!See More