Come close out the summer with the Summer Round Up in Sioux Falls! This 4 game guarantee tournament promises a fun weekend!
Girls U10-U14 | 10U ('13/'14), 12U ('11/'12), 14U ('09/'10)
- 4 game guarantee (some teams may play 5)
- (3) 15 minute stop-time periods
- Individual Awards for 1st, 2nd, place
- Slapshots at all levels
- No gate fees
- Website with schedules and results
- Dedicated Tournament Information Table at Every Arena
- Name: Dan Iannazzo
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (763) 225-7320
Midwest Hockey Tournament Rules and Regulations
- 2 points for a win, 1 point for a tie, 1 extra point awarded for a win with a shutout
- Four minute warm up
- Three 15 minute stop time periods
- Running time will prevail if there is a six goal difference at any time during the game
- Each team is allowed one timeout per game (one minute)
- No overtime in pool play
- Overtime will be used in Championship Round only
- No rest period, teams will not change ends
- Five minute running time period – 4 on 4
- If still tied 3 player shootout – visiting team shoots first
- Penalties assessed in regulation will carry over to overtime
- At no time will a team have fewer than three skaters during overtime
- The team listed first will be the home team and first choice of jersey color
- A maximum of 20 players may be rostered. Players may not be rostered on more than one team unless an exception has been approved by the MHP staff.
- If a player is double rostered without MHP approval, each game the player plays in will result in a forfeit for the team they are playing with. Goalie exception – if a team is without a goalie due to injury, an alternate goalie may be used with tournament approval
- All players are required to have a birth certificate on file.
- All players must have a signed waiver on file prior to playing any game
- Please check your team in a minimum of 45 minutes prior to your first game
- All teams must be paid in full prior to the first game of the tournament
- Penalties - Minor (two minutes) Major (five minutes) Misconduct (10 minutes)
- Any Fighting penalty will result in tournament disqualification
- Any player receiving four penalties in one game will be asked to leave the game
- Coaches are directed to tournament officials if game conflict exists. Under no circumstances are coaches allowed to talk to referees after the game to challenge a ruling or game outcome.
- Players CAN ice the puck when shorthanded and it will NOT result in a whistle
- A clock operator/announcer will be present for each game
- There will be a trainer on-site during the tournament
- Tournament apparel will be available for sale throughout the Tournament
- Checking allowed in boys 2008 and older
- Slapshots permitted at all levels
- Tag up for off-sides will be used for boys and 2012 and older and U10 girls and older
- Tournament officials have final decision-making authority for all game related situations
- There can be occasions that a player plays down a level if that player is approved by MHP and MHP has verified the players skill level is appropriate for that age level.
- Head-to-head competition, if still tied the following in progression.
- Fewest goals allowed in all games.
- Goals Scored
- Goal differential, 7 maximum per game, plus or minus.
- Coin toss by tournament directors. Coin toss to be called by coach winning rock, paper, and scissors!
***in the event of a 3-way tie head to head becomes an obsolete variable
Things To Do
Great Plains ZooThe Great Plains Zoo & Delbridge Museum of Natural History is a leader in conservation, education, and discovery in Sioux Falls! The Zoo’s collection includes tigers, giraffe, rhinos, zebras, and an award-winning snow monkey exhibit.See More
Dave & Busters
Dave & Buster’s is Sioux Falls’ ultimate destination to eat, drink, play and watch sports! Guests can enjoy hundreds of the latest and greatest arcade games, a chef-crafted menu, premium drink offerings and a state-of-the-art D&B Sports bar. This new hub in Sioux Falls provides an interactive and immersive environment that is perfect for families, friends and events of large and small sizes.
Butterfly House & AquariumThe Butterfly House is home to more than 800 butterflies from around the world. As you stroll through the 3,600-square-foot exhibit, you’re sure to have a few land on you.See More
Terrace Park Family Pool & Aquatic CenterCool off at the family aquatic center which includes multiple pools and slides.See More