Start your spring season with the Alex Ice Breaker! This event features a 4 game guarantee.
April 21-23 Ice Breaker (Boys 2011-2014) REGISTER HERE
April 28-30 Ice Breaker (Girls U10-U14) REGISTER HERE
- 4 game guarantee (some teams may play 5)
- (3) 15 minute stop-time periods
- Individual Awards for 1st, 2nd, place
- Slapshots at all levels
- Checking at 2008 and older
- No gate fees
- Website with schedules and results
- Dedicated Tournament Information Table at Every Arena
- EMT's at Every Arena
NEW! Upgrade Your Experience: Supercharge Your Registration Now!
We are excited to offer an add-on premium experience as part of your registration. Click the link to learn more about how you and your team can make the most of your event experience.
MEDIA DAY EXPERIENCE
*Select as an add-on during registration.
- Name: Dan Iannazzo
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (763) 225-7320
- 2 points for a win, 1 point for a tie, 1 extra point awarded for a win with a shutout
- Four minute warm up
- Three 15 minute stop time periods
- Running time will prevail if there is a six goal difference at any time during the game
- Each team is allowed one timeout per game (one minute)
- No overtime in pool play
- Overtime will be used in Championship Round only
- No rest period, teams will not change ends
- Five minute running time period – 4 on 4
- If still tied 3 player shootout – visiting team shoots first
- Penalties assessed in regulation will carry over to overtime
- At no time will a team have fewer than three skaters during overtime
- The team listed first will be the home team and first choice of jersey color
- A maximum of 20 players may be rostered. Players may not be rostered on more than one team unless an exception has been approved by the MHP staff.
- If a player is double rostered without MHP approval, each game the player plays in will result in a forfeit for the team they are playing with. Goalie exception – if a team is without a goalie due to injury, an alternate goalie may be used with tournament approval
- All players are required to have a birth certificate on file.
- All players must have a signed waiver on file prior to playing any game
- Please check your team in a minimum of 45 minutes prior to your first game
- All teams must be paid in full prior to the first game of the tournament
- Penalties - Minor (two minutes) Major (five minutes) Misconduct (10 minutes)
- Any Fighting penalty will result in tournament disqualification
- Any player receiving four penalties in one game will be asked to leave the game
- Coaches are directed to tournament officials if game conflict exists. Under no circumstances are coaches allowed to talk to referees after the game to challenge a ruling or game outcome.
- Players CAN ice the puck when shorthanded and it will NOT result in a whistle
- A clock operator/announcer will be present for each game
- There will be a trainer on-site during the tournament
- Tournament apparel will be available for sale throughout the Tournament
- Checking allowed in boys 2008 and older
- Slapshots permitted at all levels
- Tag up for off-sides will be used for boys and 2012 and older and U10 girls and older
- Tournament officials have final decision-making authority for all game related situations
- There can be occasions that a player plays down a level if that player is approved by MHP and MHP has verified the players skill level is appropriate for that age level.
- Head-to-head competition, if still tied the following in progression.
- Fewest goals allowed in all games.
- Goals Scored
- Goal differential, 7 maximum per game, plus or minus.
- Coin toss by tournament directors. Coin toss to be called by coach winning rock, paper, and scissors!
***in the event of a 3-way tie head to head becomes an obsolete variable
Participants for our Prime teams (tours & tournaments) and other individual entry events are selected by our coaches and staff. In most cases, players are scouted in person and invited to participate in our programs. We also use feedback from our Spring coaches to determine player invitations for the following Spring/Summer. If you would like your child to be considered, please fill out the Inquiry form.
For some events, we are able to accept “free agents'' and place an individual on a Participating Team’s roster. Please reach out to the Tournament Director for the event you’re interested in to see if there is an open spot! Their contact information can be found directly on the Tournament Details page.
Things To Do
Mall of AmericaMall of America is a leader in retail, entertainment and attractions, and is one of the top tourist destinations in the country. Attractions range from shopping, roller coasters and Sea Life!See More
Valley FairVisit Upper Midwest's largest amusement park, offering a day of family fun for coaster riders and young visitors alike.See More
Minnesota ZooInnovative exhibits are spread over six themed areas, including three beautiful walking trails ranging from one to two miles in length.See More
Minnehaha ParkOne of Minneapolis' oldest and most popular parks features a majestic 53-foot waterfall, limestone bluffs, and river overlooks, attracting more than 850,000 visitors annually.See More