- 6 Team Event, Individual Entry
- 5 Game Guarantee (3X15 Minute periods)
- 1 Practice prior to tournament (Thursday AM)
- 1 ticket to Splash Summit Waterpark (next door to Peaks Ice Arena)
- Teams will be scheduled a time to visit the park
- Custom jersey & socks
- Online Scores and Statistics
- Players evaluated for World Youth Championships, Maize and Blue, Blue & White and other exclusive Prime Hockey Programming
- Salt Lake Showcase apparel store
- Hotels located 1 mile from the arena
- Name: Joe Templin
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 856-952-5834
This is a Stay To Play (STP) event. All participating teams/individuals that live outside of an hour are considered travel participants and must follow the event STP policy unless otherwise approved by the event director. Should a team/individual decide that they do not want to stay in our approved hotels there is an opt-out fee.
To book your hotel for the SLS, click HERE
For information or questions regarding hotel bookings - please contact Catherine Delaney at Team Travel Source at catherine@teamtravelsource.
Peaks Ice Arena100 N Seven Peaks Blvd
Provo, UT 84606
- No body checking will be permitted.
- Minor penalties: 2 minutes
- Timeouts: 1 in the preliminary rounds
Overtime: 3 on 3 for 5 minutes. Then Shootout rules apply
- Game misconduct - Player will be ejected for the remainder of that game plus the team’s next scheduled game.
- Running time will be in effect during the 3rd period, only when a team is winning by 5 goals. Stop-time will resume once the score is within 2 goals.
- No timeouts are permitted in preliminary rounds.
- One 60-second timeout is permitted per game.
- Players and coaches should report to the arena at least one hour prior to each game.
- Delayed offside will be in effect for all games.
- Teams are allowed to ice the puck while shorthanded.
- All divisions will be scored 3 points for a regulation win, 2 points for a shootout win, 1 point for a shootout loss, and 0 points for a regulation loss.
- Scores will be posted with a goal differential no greater than 7.
- 3-minute warm-up
- 15-15-15 minute periods
- No overtime in round-robin play (Shootout Only - see below)
- If the game is tied at the end of regulation in preliminary rounds, a 3-player shootout will take place.
- Home team will decide who will shoot first. Designated shooters for both teams will alternate shots. If the score remains tied after 3 rounds, new players will participate in a sudden-death shootout. The players in the first group of 3 may not shoot again until all other eligible players on their team have had a turn OR the opposing team has used all of their shooters. Players with time remaining on their penalty are not eligible for the shootout. Goalies are not eligible.
SEMIS & FINAL
- Please refer to Kreezee, tournament scoreboards or speak to a tournament official in order to determine the playoff format for each division. It is incumbent upon the team officials to confirm with a tournament representative whether or not their team has advanced beyond preliminary round play prior to leaving the arena following their final preliminary round game.
- In the event the SEMI-FINAL or CONSOLATION games should end in a tie, the tie will be broken in the following manner:
- Overtime will be played during play-in, quarter final or semi final. 2. 5-minute sudden-death (3-on-3) stopped time (switch ends).
- If still tied: a 3-player shootout. (Same rules apply as in prelim shootout) 4. Sudden-death shootout (both teams get to shoot each round).
- There is no OT in consolation games.
- In the event the CHAMPIONSHIP should end in a tie, the tie will be broken in the following manner:
- Overtime will be played during all Championship and Gold Medal Games. 2. 5-minute sudden-death (3-on-3) stopped time (switch ends)
- If the game remains tied after 10 minutes, teams will receive a 1 minute break 4. Another 5-minute sudden-death (3-on-3) stopped time period will take place 5. Teams will switch ends again
- This format will continue until a winner is determined.
- Teams will only get a time out if they didn’t use it previous in regulation or OT 8. No shootout will take place in a Championship or Gold Medal Game
- To determine teams advancing to the semi and final rounds. If more than 2 teams are tied, as soon as the tie is broken, the tie breaker is reapplied to any remaining ties (ex. If three teams are tied, the goal quotient is applied. Then, if applicable, revert back to head-to-head for the remaining two teams)
- Total Team Points
- Head-to-Head (two-team tiebreaker only)
- Goal Quotient = Goals For / (Goals For + Goals Against)
- Least Goals Allowed
- Most Goals For
- Fastest Goal in the tournament (Time on clock into first game)
- A zero-tolerance for verbal abuse is in effect and will be enforced for all team officials, players, and spectators.
- APPROPRIATE PENALTIES WILL BE ASSESSED FOR DISPUTING OR ARGUING A DECISION OF THE OFFICIALS, ANY VISUAL DEMONSTRATION OF DISSATISFACTION, OR FOR THE USE OF OBSCENE OR VULGAR LANGUAGE TO ANYONE AT ANY TIME DURING THE TOURNAMENT.
Things To Do
Provo RiverProvo River is worth the experience! Try something new and float in Provo's mile long river. It's affordable and fun for everyone!See More
Provo Canyon, Provo River ParkwayIf you want to enjoy nature and the outdoors - this is the right place! Utah has some of the coolest trails and canyons in America. Check out Mount Timpanogos, Provo Canyon, Provo River Parkway for hiking, tours and more!See More
Bridal Veil FallsEnjoy the outdoors at Bridal Veil falls and tour around to see the natural waterfalls!See More