Kick off the Fall season with the Play Hockey Invitational! Play against Tier 2 teams from across North America. This tournament features 4 games in Rochester, NY. A great opportunity to showcase their skills and compete against some of the best players.
USA Hockey Sanction # - NYT232475
- Name: Jon Globke
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (248) 770-2904
This is a Stay To Play (STP) event. All participating teams/individuals that live outside of an hour are considered a travel participant and must follow the event STP policy, unless otherwise approved by the event director. Should a team/individual decide that they do not want to stay in our approved hotels there is an opt out fee.
Please click here to book your hotel.
For information or questions regarding hotel bookings - please contact Team Travel Source at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 502-354-9103.
Bill Grays2700 Brighton Henrietta Town Line Road
Rochester, NY 14623
Genesee Valley Park Sports Complex131 Elmwood Avenue
Rochester, NY 14611
Paul Louis Arena1 Boys Club Place
Rochester, NY 14608
Rochester Ice Center80 Lundon Road
Fairport, NY 14450
Scottsville Ice Arena2000 - Scottsville - Chili Road
Scottsville, NY 14546
Play Hockey Invitational AA
- NO TOURNAMENT OFFICIAL has the right to change a score sheet or reverse a call from a referee. Once the game is over the score sheet is FINAL.
- Minor penalties/Major penalties - Penalty time will follow USA Hockey rules based on length of game time.
- Game misconduct - Player will be ejected for the remainder of that game plus his next scheduled game.
- Running time will be in effect during the 3rd period, only when a team is winning by 5 goals. Stop time will resume once the score is within 2 goals.
- Each team is allowed one 30-second timeout each game.
- Players and coaches should report to the arena at least one hour prior to each game. ● A maximum of four team officials may be on the player's bench at one time. ● The home team will wear white jerseys and visitors wear dark.
- All divisions will be scored 3 points for a win, 1 point for a tie, and 0 points for a loss. ● Any forfeited games will be recorded as a 3-0 score. Any forfeited games affecting another team's playoff status, may be reviewed by the tournament director to determine which teams advance beyond preliminary round play. Use of ineligible players will disqualify a team from the tournament.
- All games played by a disqualified team will be forfeited. No monies will be refunded. ● Scores will be posted with a goal differential no greater than 7. Example - 10 -1 game will be scored as 8 - 1.
- All divisions will get a 3 minute warm-up.
- U18 - U15 Divisions - 3 x 15 min stop time periods. Ice cut every two periods.
- U14 - U13 Divisions - 3 x 14 min stop time periods.
- No overtime will be played in preliminary rounds.
FINAL GAME FORMAT
Please refer to the tournament scoreboards or speak to a tournament official in order to determine the playoff format for each division. It is incumbent upon the team officials to confirm with a Tournament representative whether or not their team has advanced beyond preliminary round play prior to leaving the arena following their final preliminary round game.
In the event the Final game should end in a tie, the tie will be broken in the following manner:
- Overtime will be played during Final game only.
- 5 minute sudden death (4 on 4)
- 3 player shootout.
- Sudden death shootout (both teams get to shoot each round).
- For Shootouts the home team has a choice of who shoots first.
- After the first 3 players from each team shoot if teams are still tied you can repeat any shooter as many times you would like.
If 2 teams are tied in points, the following order applies to determine the ranking of teams. If more than two teams are tied, teams will go through each tiebreaker until ONE team is determined the winner (there is no head-to-head if there are more than two teams), once the tiebreaker is broken and one team is the winner, that team advances and the tiebreaker resets to #1 (again, head-to-head only applies for when there are only 2 teams left) for the remaining teams.
- Total Team Points
- Head to Head (two team tie breaker only)
- Goal Quotient = Goals for / (Goals For + Goals against)
- Least Goals Allowed
- Goals For
- Quickest Goal in the tournament in the first game
*EXAMPLE:Team A, B, C and D all are tied with 6 points. The first tiebreaker in this example would be #3 Best goal differential formula. Team A wins that, so then it resets to 3 teams tied with 6 points. Then, apply the best goal differential formula again, Team B wins that. Then, the last two teams would go to #2 if applicable, if not, then the process would proceed according to the tiebreakers #3 through #6.
- A zero tolerance for verbal abuse is in effect and will be enforced for all team officials, players, and spectators.
- Appropriate penalties will be assessed for disputing or arguing a decision of the officials, any visual demonstration of dissatisfaction, or for the use of obscene or vulgar language to anyone at any time during the tournament.
Things To Do
Visit RochesterExplore this site for information about the Rochester and Finger Lakes region for things to do in between games! Here you'll find attractions to visit, a wide variety of dining options and much more to enhance your visit.See More
RMSC Strasenburgh PlanetariumIt's like a museum, but at the RMSC Strasenburgh Planetarium you can see the stars, learn about planets and more!!See More
National Museum of PlayThe National Museum of Play has so many different educational and integrational exhibits to offer and try!See More
Rochester Museum and Science CenterFollow your curiosity from the depths of the oceans to the edge of the universe at the RMSC Museum & Science Center, the RMSC Strasenburgh Planetarium, and the RMSC Cumming Nature Center.See More